Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Blog 23: 2014 Interview

1. Who did you interview and what house are they in?
I interviewed Jorge Mancilla from South House.

2. What ideas do you have for your senior project and why?
JORGE: I was thinking of doing something along the lines of clinical psychology. If that doesn't work out and I can't find any mentorship, I would really love to do something like marriage counseling. I think the information that's out there is really interesting. Those two topics really interest me and it's something unique I can bring into senior year.

3. What do you plan to do for your summer 10 hour mentorship experience?
JORGE: For clinical psychology, I plan on going to a hospital like City of Hope or wherever is convenient and close to me. As for marriage counseling, I'm not sure where I can do mentorship at. I guess I'll have to do more research on that.

4. What do you hope to see or expect to see in watching the 2013 2-hour presentations?
JORGE: When I watch the 2013 presentations, I think it will open doors for me to choose my topic. If someone is doing something similar to the topics I want to do, it will definitely give me some ideas and examples on how I should take on my senior project.

5. What questions do you have that I can answer about senior year or senior project (or what additional information did you tell them about senior year or senior project)?
JORGE: I don't really have any questions...
ALYSSA: So you think you can handle senior year on your own?
JORGE: No... Okay, I have a question. How are we supposed to show proof of the 10 hours thing that Andy told us about?
ALYSSA: Oh, the mentorship log? Well first, you've got to find a mentor under your senior topic and shadow them. Once you've got that going, you're going to make a log on GoogleDocs recording the date, what you did, how long you did it for, and the total time. You're going to have to constantly update it or else you'll fall way behind.
JORGE: That makes sense. Okay, I'll go to you whenever I need help.

No comments:

Post a Comment