Friday, May 31, 2013

Blog 26: Senior Project Reflection

1. What are you most proud of in your 2 hour presentation and/or your senior project and why?
I am most proud of my product as well as the process it took for me to acquire information regarding my topic. If someone told me I would be as strong, flexible, and toned as I am now 9 months ago, I wouldn't believe them. When I was putting together my 2 hour powerpoint, I added my before and after pictures and realized how much my body has physically changed! It's amazing how much dedication I put into this project without even realizing it. Also, I'm proud of the fact that I was able to find great mentorship with mentors who guided me every step of the way when it was difficult to find credible research.

2A. AE

2B. AE

3. What worked for you in your senior project?
What worked for me was the fact that I was able to get involved in my topic. While others have a hard time applying and using their senior project on a daily basis, I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to do yoga on a daily basis and see results. Also, my activities worked very well and in my favor. I used my skills and knowledge I've acquired through experience and research and apply it to my activities. This worked in my favor because not many people were able to use first hand experience in their field and share it with others.

4. I would improve my senior project by getting more involved in my mentorship. Even though I was only cleaning, I took classes to make up for it although that didn't count as mentorship. As Mrs. Pittman stated, she told me to look into health fairs that certain yoga studios offer. This made a lot more sense than just cleaning a studio because I would gain so much more knowledge on the art itself, not on the cleanliness of the studio.

5. My senior project was very helpful for me in my future endeavors by aiding me in my communications skills. I was a very quiet, shy girl but when I entered the yoga studio, I was challenged with talking to students and persuading them to purchase a membership. Also, I gained confidence in myself to be more personable with others due to the sudden physical changes in my body. I feel like if I can be persistent in my yoga endeavors, I can further better my inner and outer self.

No comments:

Post a Comment